Chef Shea – Bahamas Aggressor
1 cup Cocoa Powder
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 ¾ cup Water
2 Large Eggs Beaten
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Instant Espresso Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ Cup Rum
Pinch of Salt
2 Sticks Butter(unsalted)
Preheat Oven to 275 Degree
1. Make the Cake: Coat the inside of a bundt pan with vegetable spray, then with cocoa powder; set aside until needed.
2. Combine the water, espresso and bourbon in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer three minutes. Add the cocoa powder and butter; cook until the butter has melted, then whisk until smooth.
3. Remove from the heat and add the sugar; stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
5. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the flour mixture, 1⁄2 cup at a time until
all is incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 80 to 90 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Unmold the cake from the bundt pan and cool completely.