Aggressor Adventures loves our whale sharks. This mashup features recent whale sharks sightings with our liveaboards and information about these gentle giants!
- Whale sharks sieve plankton, squid, krill and small fish for nourishment.
- Their mouths can stretch to 4 feet wide.
- The largest whale shark was 41.5 feet long.
- Their lifespan is between 70 to 100 years.
- Their main threat is illegal fishing.
- Unlike most sharks, the whale shark’s mouth is at the very front of its head.
- Whale sharks only meet up to mate and feed on massive amounts of food.
- More than 6,000 liters of water an hour is processed through their gills.